Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Eight Easy Steps to Torture Your Teenager
1. Write a blog about her--include personal information and pictures.
2. Include a link to your blog in your email auto-signature.
3. Send an email to her English teacher...
4. ...in the middle of the school day while your teenager is sitting in English class.
5. Choose a day when the students are ahead of schedule in their Jane Eyre studies and have 20 minutes to kill before the bell rings.
6. Be sure the teacher has a SmartScreen or a some similar technology, so that she can project a magnified version of your blog to the front of the room for all to read.
7. Be sure the English teacher has a nice reading voice so that she will do a brilliant job of reading aloud the posts you've written--about your teenager, her boyfriend, her goofy behavior and her teenage temperment--for the entire 10th grade English class.
8. Also be sure the teacher has a whiteboard, a fresh dry erase marker and concise handwriting, in order that she may share your blog's URL with the students for them to also enjoy it at home.
That's it. That's all it takes. Have fun with it! (I sure did!)
Note: The ever cool cat, Sunshine, took it all in stride--although she admits to blushing furiously--and The Coop had a good laugh about it that night at home.