Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies


It's back-to-school week and I'm just so darn overjoyed about it that I've decided to share my favorite cookie recipe with you.  These incidentally are the cranberry chocolate chip cookies I pulled from the oven to serve warm to the kids when they arrived home from their first day. Enjoy!



What you'll need:

1c and 2 tbsp flour
1c chocolate chips
1/2 c dried cranberries (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c butter (room temperature)
1 egg
6 tbsp white sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar (not firmly packed)

Before you begin I should warn you that I've made this recipe at least 100 times. Maybe 85 times they were very good, but on the 15 other occasions they were downright magical--as in super fluffy and of a certain melt in your mouth fantastical scrumptiousness that weakens the knees.  My problem is that I don't know why sometimes they're just good, and other times they're to die for.  I've experimented with various items and techniques--butter temperatures, the consistency to which I beat and cream the batter at various stages, cookie sizes, and cooking times--but yet I can't seem to pinpoint what the trick is. If you figure it out, I beg of you to share.



Anyway, here goes:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Cream butter.
4. Add sugars gradually and continue beating until creamy.
5. Beat in egg and vanilla.
6. Stir in sifted ingredients.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.



8. Roll batter in small (teaspoon size) balls and place on cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

 

10. Let cool just slightly and serve with a big glass of milk.
 

Good, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment